Notes on retirement
1. Suggested Timeline
1.1. Email Response
When you are considering retirement there are a few steps to complete:
- Contact the Ontario Teacher Pension Plan and complete the required paperwork
Phone: (416) 226-2700
Toll free: 1 (800) 668-0105
- Research and organize the Health and Dental Plan you will use in retirement.
- Review with your Financial Advisor — discuss not only the general finances in retirement but also how your retirement gratuity will be handled (i.e. transferred into an RRSP)
- Complete a Retirement Letter to the Board.
- You should give at least 4 weeks notice if possible (to ensure can flow right from your regular payments to your pension)
- Your letter will be sent to Michael Gray,
Superintendent of Human Resources email@example.com
- Once the board gets notice from the Pension Plan then the Board will process the retirement
- The board will ask how you wish to process the gratuity
- If any summer pay is due to you a true-up payment will be organized.
Attached is a sample retirement letter that you could use.